2010-03-06

Handmade greeting card

Today I made a greeting card for my friend:

DSC04201

Creating original greeting cards is one of my hobbies. I like using different kinds of paper, especially Japanese "Washi" paper.

Below is a collection of handmade cards I made last year.

Using "Yuzen Washi" paper and perls:

DSC00308

DSC00311

This is similar to the one I made today:

DSC00548

"Shisa" series:

DSC00178

DSC00534

The "Shisa" character originates from Okinawa (the southernmost island of Japan) and is believed to watch over the people of the island. Last year a coworker from my previous workplace had to move to Dubai for work, so I gave him this card as a farewell present.

And the final one is :

DSC03268

I sent it to one of Jens' best friends who had a baby (a boy) last year.
I am sure he will grow up to like music!